We are a Christian, Bible-based protestant congregation belonging to the Presbyterian Church (USA).
Our congregation got its start as a mission to children at the then outskirts of Erie in 1894. Predecessors of the First Church of the Covenant Presbyterian Church, represented by Samuel Seldon, began a Sunday School in a building on the grounds of the Metric Metals Company at 9th and Payne. After ten years, it had grown to include over 125 children and an adult staff of teachers and helpers. Interest in becoming their own congregation was researched and in 1907 a new church, Eastminster Presbyterian Church built its first sanctuary at the intersection of 4th and Lighthouse Streets. For the next half century the congregation grew, filling that building with activity and worship. New property was purchased just to the east (the present site) consisting of an old manor home sitting on 15 acres, including lake frontage. Construction was quick: a new sanctuary by 1959 and a Christian Education and office wing completed in 1964. Throughout the years, two picnic pavilions and playground equipment were installed for church and community use. These have been welcomed additions for outside worship.